Friday, January 24, 2014

The Polar Vortex

Lately we have had ridiculously cold weather because of this thing the weather men and women are calling a Polar Vortex.  I took the never ending snow and -15  degree wind chills as an excuse to put on the comfiest sweatshirt and sweatpants I own, hunker down at home, and spend a low key Friday night with you catching up on some recorded shows. Your dad went out for a few drinks and dinner so it was just the two of us, perfect bonding time.

And then it happened.

You were playing around in your activity center when I got the first whiff.  Poo.  I got everything ready to change your diaper, but I had no idea what I was in store for this time.  I started unbuttoning your onesie only to find you had blown out of your diaper.  This wasn't the first time- I once had to cut an outfit off of you because it was so covered in poop there was no getting it over your head without covering your face in it. You reached a new level this time as I discovered poop in your armpit! So I carried you up to the bathtub for a deep clean.  Feeling pretty accomplished after getting you hosed off by myself I climbed out of the tub with you only to find poo paw prints all over the tile.  I was so concentrated on you I failed to notice Murphy accompanied us to the bathroom.  I had left your clothes on the rug to deal with after the bath and Murphy, in his usual supervisor role to make sure I was properly handling you, had stepped on them and tracked poop all throughout the room.  I got you wrapped up in the towel and then surveyed the damage. You looked right up at me and laughed.  I was trying to get you dressed  in our room while keeping Murphy on the tile so I didn't have to shampoo the carpets on top of it all. I was yelling at him to stay while trying to get you into a clean outfit as you wriggled and you just kept laughing.  I had to laugh too.  I mean what else could I do, it was like a scene out of a comedic movie. Ah....motherhood and unconditional love.  

So thanks kid for saving this bonding experience for me. Your dad owes me one.  I think I will save your laundry for when he gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment