Monday, March 31, 2014

Cincinnati's Greatest Holiday....Opening Day

Happy First Opening Day! 

You will find that the whole city shuts down every year on this most glorious of days.  It doesn't really shut down, but it should.  The Cincinnati Redleg's are a historical team and this day holds a lot of significance for our beloved City. We are the home of the first franchise and we commemorate each year with parades and festivities that extend many city blocks.  The Red's are the only team who can claim we always start our baseball season at home.  We used to be the first pitch each season of MLB to start the season, but that isn't the case anymore.
I dressed you for day, but cannot wait until we can actually attend the parade with you! We should have gone this year. The best weather since 2005 for Opening Day in Cincy.  And after this ridiculous cold winter and the surrounding days calling for rain this would have been a great day to get out.  I have been to over 20 Opening Days, even one while I was pregnant with you. It is one of my most favorite days and an honor to be able to attend.

I snapped a few pictures of you this morning, but I will take some better ones when I get home.  You didn't even have your socks on in these!







 Here are some shots of our festivities around town:










No comments:

Post a Comment