Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Zoolander: Your New Nickname

The movie Zoolander  is about  basically just makes fun of male models for 2.5 hours.  There is a plot, but it's not relevant to why I call you Zoolander so I won't go into it.  Plus I don't want to ruin the story for you once you are old enough to watch the movie. The gist of my reference here: Derek Zoolander is a male model played by Ben Stiller and he has a problem...

Derek Zoolander: I have problems with turns, because I'm left handed, and they haven't built a left handed runway yet. 

...he can't turn left when walking the runway.  The connection: you can't turn roll right. We put you on your back and you immediately roll to your stomach, but you won't roll right. Even with enticing toys and screeches of encouragement you just won't take the plunge.  So your dad and I have decided you must be emulating Derek in an attempt to watch more Zoolander. Clearly that is all this is....right?  We did catch you in the act once, but what you don't see here is the helping hand we had to give you to get you over the hump.



The second reason I call you Zoolander is your perfection of Derek's "Blue Steel" signature look. You have been making this face since you were born.









You can even do it in your sleep.  


 Now you just have to work on the other 3 signature looks.....


So close.... 


Word on the street is that a sequel is in the making.  I think someone should be get a casting call any day now to play Derek Zoolander, Jr. We will keep working on "the look" just in case. 

But always remember..... 













1 comment: