Wednesday, May 7, 2014

First Easter Shenanigans

We were busy, busy, busy this Easter.  We started the day out at the Lehmann Farm. They had camped out the night before so you will see some random items you don't typically see on Easter like a campfire and RV's.
I can't resist a quote from one of my favorite movies of all time even if it is the wrong holiday.
Can't do it....


You probably thought I was kidding, but I promise I wasn't.

I didn't have my camera so we are borrowing these pictures from Aunt Amanda.  

My favorite two red heads of the bunch! 


And on to the next one....Amrein Family here we come!

Each year we have a $100 Egg Hunt.  There are other eggs, but let's be honest-everyone wants the one with  BIG BUCKS.  We started this a while back at the old house -first ever winner of the $100 was your mom by the way- though Aunt Alyssa will tell you she should have won the year it was in the trunk of the car but time ran out as she unzipped the golf bag, or the year Jay found it on the basketball hoop because he followed her eyes as she saw it ,but he was closer and got it, or any year she didn't win-except oddly the time Todd found it . That time was the only time she didn't "see it first".  But I digress. 
I think Grandpa Phil and Grandma Shelley were so amused by grown adults running frantically through the yard (and more recently jumping in a cold pool on a rainy day) that they just couldn't resist doing it each year.  After this year I think everyone in the family has now found it at least once.  How cool is that? 

The announcer gets the games in order...and we are off. 




It has become quite competitive over the years. This year your dad found the $100 egg. I can't believe I don't have a picture of it, but he found it in record time as well-yes this is a timed event. The hiding spot was in a hollowed out tennis ball on the ground so it wasn't any easier than in the past. If it were me I would have pocketed the $100, put the egg back in the ball, and then sat quietly as everyone else continued to hunt, and then probably snapped a picture of the poor sap that found the empty egg. 
But he came clean right away-you should follow his example, but just know my idea would have been hilarious.  But I didn't find the egg, he did. 
After the big hunt.... 


You were all tuckered out. 

 And for once in no mood for pictures....


 Until Grandma bribed you with a little lamb.




 Great Grandparents

Aunt Alyssa will want to show this picture in nice clothes instead of Egg Hunt attire even though she isn't holding you-her favorite nephew. 


 Group shot

Since we borrowed all the pictures from Amanda's Easter shots I had to include this little gem of Vera. 
I mean c'mon...how cute. 


 And then on to the last stop before home : Davis Family

The kids were so excited to help you find your Easter Basket and you show up sleeping! They could hardly contain themselves-and not a moment too soon because you were sampling Avery's sandal until she brought you the goodies from your basket.

 

 We sat outside and relaxed as the boys played a game of baseball.


We had just commented on how next year you will be Audrey's age walking around, getting into trouble,  and out she came covered in icing from smashing a cupcake into her mouth.  I can't wait until you are her age, but no rush kid. We will get there together in time :) 


 And then we made it home just in time to check out all your new toys and baskets before bed time.


 And of course Pouncer just had to see what you got....


But you shewed her away tried to touch her and so she left


you went on with business as usual 


 and she was left to find solace in the only friend that doesn't pull her hair out. 


Happy First Easter Maddux.
4/20/2014 







No comments:

Post a Comment